- Extend the life, improve the performance, and sustain the health and safety of the current commercial nuclear power fleet;
- Improve the affordability of nuclear energy;
- Enable the transition away from fossil fuels in the transportation and industrial sectors;
- Achieve sustainable nuclear fuel cycles;
- Assure the deployment of nuclear power systems does not result in the proliferation of nuclear weapons.
These Five Imperatives are an integrated framework of outcomes that will assure a long-term supply of safe, secure, affordable, environmentally sustainable nuclear energy for generations to come. I'll be discussing each of these Five Imperatives in more detail here in future posts.